Development in the international marketing on the
one hand and the consequential impact of the same on India’s domestic
market on the other, call for a professional approach and sensitivity
to international business environment. The MBA (International
Business) is a foundational course for developing a competent cadre of
business executives to meet the country’s growing requirements for
training personnel in the field of international management. MBA (IB)
is a six trimester general management programme with a focus on
international business. The programme aims at providing a
comprehensive coverage incorporating all the important areas and
disciplines relevant to international business activities. The syllabi
for MBA (IB) compares favorably with the syllabi of some of the
world’s best International Business Schools.
• Recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years’
duration in any discipline.
• Candidates appearing for a qualifying examination can also apply
subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by beginning
of October of the year of start of the course.
• No age limit.
Mode of Admission
(non-creamy layer) candidates:
• On the basis of Written test, Group Discussion
• The Written Test is organised at Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore,
Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun,
Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkata,
Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur and Visakhapatnam.
• Based on marks obtained in the written test, candidates are called
for Group Discussion and Interview to be held between fourth week of
January and middle of February at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi,
Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
For Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI:
• On the basis of General Management Aptitude Test
• For MBA 2013-15, GMAT result should not have been declared before 1
January, 2011 and should be received by the Institute latest by 31
Tuition Fee (for 2012 batch):
• General/OBC Category Rs.5,75,000/- p.a.
• SC/ST/PH/Category Rs.2,87,500/- p.a.
• Foreign National /NRI/Children of NRI US$ 24,000 p.a.
• Release of advertisement / Availability of
Brochure and application form on IIFT’s website i.e. www.iift.edu :
SECOND WEEK OF JULY
• Last date for receipt of application (Gen/SC/ST/PH) :
FIRST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER
• Last date for receipt of application (NRI/FN/CNRI) : Second week of
February the following year
• Written examination: FOURTH SUNDAY OF
NOVEMBER 10.00 am – 12.00 noon
• Commencement of Programme: FIRST WEEK
Pattern of Admission Test
The admission test is a multiple choice objective
type written test (in English). Duration of the test is two hours. It
normally consists of around 200 questions covering ENGLISH
COMPREHENSION, GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & AWARENESS, LOGICAL REASONING AND