This is the IIFT governing students' council
which acts as a coordinator for, and provides administrative support
to, various student activities and events at IIFT besides taking
policy decisions regarding student affairs in consultation with the
Director/Chairperson/Program Director. The IMF consists of ten
elected members. Their roles and responsibilities are given below:
President / Vice-President
The President of IMF is the leader of the IMF and the other
student bodies at IIFT. The functions of the President
are as follows:
1. To make representations on behalf of the student bodies and
students of IIFT to the Director, IIFT; and carry out the
Director’s directives and suggestions.
2. Define a comprehensive yearly calendar of student activities
with suitable projectization where necessary.
3. To ensure the implementation of new student initiatives which
are in line with IIFT’s vision.
4. To coordinate the activities of various student bodies of IIFT
and oversee their effective functioning.
5. To convene and preside over the meetings of the Student
6. To convene batch meetings and preside over them.
9650625289 : : Mohammad Haider Talat 8420924448
General Secretary / Joint General Secretary
The General Secretary is the administrative officer of the IMF.
The functions of the General Secretary are:
1. To prepare the agenda for IMF and Student Council meetings in
consultation with members of IMF and other student bodies.
2. To keep minutes of discussions at IMF and Student Council
3. To make representations to the administration of IIFT on
behalf of the students.
4. To ensure proper functioning of the clubs and forums at IIFT.
5. To organize TRADEWINDS and other seminars organized by IIFT.
9717259349 / 9312067087 : : Arijit Agasty 9800723377
Cultural Secretary / Joint Cultural Secretary
The Culture Secretary is responsible for all cultural
activities/inter-B-school events organized, or participated in, by
IIFT. The functions of Culture Secretary are:
1. To organize Quo Vadis, the cultural fest of IIFT.
2. To organize cultural activities in IIFT like music nights,
dramatics, debates etc.
3. To encourage, ensure and coordinate for cultural activities
and Inter B-school events organized by other B-schools or companies.
4. To act as treasurer of the IMF. In this capacity, s/he
prepares the Budget and maintains accounts for all activities at
9717724746 : : Rohit Kumar 7890608175
Alumni Coordinator / Joint Alumni Coordinator
The alumni coordinator maintains relations with alumni of IIFT.
S/he is also responsible for organizing alumni interactions. The
functions of alumni coordinator are:
1. To publish the alumni newsletter ‘Alma Mater’ on a quarterly
2. To organize chapter meets at various locations for alumni.
3. To add new chapters to the alumni body of IIFT.
4. To organize alumni night at IIFT campus annually.
5. To maintain database of alumni and keep updating it regularly.
6. To organize interactions with alumni for interactions,
9540671784 : : Anshul Khandelwal
Media Coordinator / Joint Media Coordinator
The media coordinator is responsible for all outgoing
communications regarding IIFT activities. S/he is responsible for
getting publicity and greater visibility for IIFT events. The
functions of media Coordinator are:
1. To maintain IIFT website and update it regularly, especially
the media section.
2. To organize press coverage for IIFT events like seminars,
corporate interactions etc.
3. To help in getting media partnership for IIFT events.
4. To help in development of brochures, posters and other
communication material for any student activity at IIFT.
5. To maintain a database of IIFT’s contacts in the media, and to
regularly update this database.
8375855885 : : Keerthi Hari
9163203449 / 9985765688
The Placement Committee is a ten member body of elected
representatives. It consists of 6 people from Delhi campus and 4
from Kolkata campus. It is headed by a convener who is selected
after a rigorous interview.
The purpose of Placement Committee is to ensure good final
and summer placements for the students of the full time MBA (IB)
programme. To this end, it makes representations to Human Resource
departments of various organizations, and arranges placement week /
interviews and selection procedures for IIFT students.
Functions The functions of
the placement committee are:
1. To make representations to Human Resource departments of
companies, inviting them to conduct placement processes for IIFT
2. To organize Pre-Placement Talks by companies at the IIFT campus.
3. To organize Group discussions, Interviews and other selection
activities of companies for IIFT students.
4. To organize a placement week for lateral and final placements at
the IIFT campus.
5. To decide slotting of companies for the placement week in
consultation with the batch.
Placement Committee Contact Details
Aditi Sharma 9674199515
Nishant Philip 9650837675
CORPORATE RELATIONS COMMITTEE (CRC)
The Corporate Relations Committee is an elected body of four
members. The CRC is headed by a convener (the person who gets
maximum votes in the CRC election).
Purpose: the purpose of the CRC is to maintain constant
interaction with corporate partners and associates of IIFT and to
arrange interactions with corporates on a regular basis.
Functions: The role and responsibilities of the CRC are as
1. To organize corporate interactions for MBA (IB) students on a
2. To maintain and update a database of contacts in companies
which have an association with IIFT. It would maintain constant
interaction with them by informing them of events and happenings at
IIFT on a regular basis.
3. To send brochures, newsletters, greetings etc. on IIFT’s
behalf to the companies in CRC’s database on behalf of IIFT.
4. It would help in arranging speakers, participation and
sponsorship for events at IIFT.
5. To co-ordinate with Placement committee to make
contacts/associations with organization which are being targeted for
Corporate Relations Committee
Query related to CRC may contact
Shashwat Kant Sinha
Bibaswan Banerjee 9650557629